Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WPPI 2009

I returned from Las Vegas late last week after attending the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) Convention and I’m still trying to digest all the information I received. This convention drew over 10,000 photographers from all over the globe where some of the world’s best photographers gave presentations.

For 2 straight days, I was honored to be one of a small group of students under the tutelage of Bambi Cantrell, one of the greatest wedding and portrait photographers in the world (http://www.cantrellportrait.com/). We were able to do some very interesting work with some live models (some of those images may be seen at on my photo website www.chrismckennaphotography.com).

I also attended presentations by renowned photographers Robert Lino, Frank Salas, Catherine Hall, Michael O’Neill, Doug Gordon, Bruce Dorn and Peter Eastway.

Overall, the conventional was superbly inspirational and motivating. I look forward to next year.
And thank you to my friend, Jenny Lehman (http://www.videojournalist.com/), for the photograph.

Blessings to you all,

Chris

No comments: