Monday, August 25, 2008

Stay Away from bundled “Movie Maker” programs

From time-to-time, most recently late last week, I talk with customers who plan to use or already have experiences with a "Movie Maker" program that came with their computer. They usually ask how to do this, or do that. And while I am not an expert with those products (I stopped my trials after about 2 hours of use), I always recommend to those people that are serious about their editing and what to share their creations with friends and family on DVD to move away from bundled “Movie Makers” and purchase a real editing program. And by real I mean something that you have to pay for and doesn’t come free with your operating system

It has been a few years since I have used any free or bundled video product, so more recent versions may be slightly more user friendly and provide functions that differ than my experiences. But I suggest that you always remember the adage “you get what you pay for,” and that may motivate you to move away from free and purchase a real editing system.

Blessings to you,

Chris

No comments: